Using RM Noise on a Mac via CrossOver/Wine

TyGer

Using RM Noise on a Mac via CrossOver/Wine

Post by TyGer »

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has had success using RM Noise via CrossOver or Wine? I can get it loaded up in CrossOver but it doesn't then work, the selection for AI Filter is blank.

Thanks
RandyW
Site Admin

Re: Using RM Noise on a Mac via CrossOver/Wine

Post by RandyW »

I would like to know this answer also. I've heard that wine works, and I've also heard that it didn't...

> the selection for AI Filter is blank.

This suggests the client isn't communicating with the server. I'm guessing the client also didn't ask for a login. You could post the log (OPTIONS -> FULL LOG) or email it to rmnoise@ournetplace.com
W7ML

Re: Using RM Noise on a Mac via CrossOver/Wine

Post by W7ML »

I recently setup a Mac with Windows exclusively for Ham Radio purposes. My sister-in-law upgraded her Mac system and gifted me her 2015 27" Retina iMac, which I wiped and upgraded to macOS Monterey 12.7.4. I run Windows 10 through Parallels 19.3.0

I just started with RM Noise yesterday.

RM Noise v0.21.9.7

Once I figured out how to set it up and run it (I have a bit of ADD and did not easily find the How-To tutorial if one exists), I have been listening to it through many evening bands: 80, 40, 20 and it works nicely.

I compare the audio here at my shack in Los Angeles (The San Fernando Valley) to that of the Northern Utah SDR and it compares very favorably.

So far I have not been able to get CATSync to run concurrently with RM Noise, as CATSync requires that I disable the USB Audio Codec and RM Noise requires that it be active.