Support for tr(u)SDX

Users help users
MM0KJJ

Support for tr(u)SDX

Post by MM0KJJ »

Hi.
I have connected my tr(u)SDX and I get no audio. I assume there is no support for these radios. There are now around 20,000 of these kit and ready built radios in circulation. The designer is DL2MAN & PE1NZZ.
It would be great if this would work on these great little radios..... I have three!
W4ZD

Re: Support for tr(u)SDX

Post by W4ZD »

While I am not the developer, I am quite sure that as long as you can get the audio from ANY radio fed into a Windows PC then it will work.
Now I will try to be polite here, but your post is so vague that no one can provide any useful reply. If you want to get this working, then let us know all about your setup, what you are seeing or not seeing, etc.
What PC, OS? What kind of cable routing? Have you verified the audio from the radio is making it to the PC? Can you listen to the radio audio on the PC speakers? Does the App open? Does it appear to be connected in the terminal window? Are there any messages that show errors or point to a problem in the terminal window? What input devices show up in the app?
We can start there.
MM0KJJ

Post by MM0KJJ »

Hi
Sorry to have been a bit vague but I'm not a PC buff.
I have no issues using my FT991A or my FT-DX10 connected by USB to my PC, which runs Windows 10 and an old Dell optiplex.
Yes I can use the audio output from the radio but it's level is obviously far to high connected to the line input (not microphone) even with the audio level reduced on the tr(u)SDX and the level on RM settings. Ideally it would be better using USB. I have virtual Audio Cable installed which works on wsjtx but I never hear audio via usb to the PC speakers.
I hope that clarifies matters, I cant think of anything further I can add, as I say I'm not a pc guru and other than the actual model type of the pc that's as far as I can go
Thanks
Trevor
MM0KJJ

Post by MM0KJJ »

Hi
All sorted out now and working via USB
The required driver was missing even though it had previously been downloaded, no doubt Microsoft thinks their driver is better than the one for the radio.
See here:
HB9VQQ
Site Admin

Post by HB9VQQ »

Excellent Job, thanks for sharing.

Roland