JSONDecodeError in RMNoise - Need Assistance

Users help users
Gingaman

JSONDecodeError in RMNoise - Need Assistance

Post by Gingaman »

Hi,

I've been using RMNoise without issues until a few days ago. Recently, I've encountered an error, and despite no changes to my machine or radio, even after reinstalling the software, the problem persists. Below is the error message:

```
failed to execute script 'clientgui_v9_7' due to unhandled exception value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "\\192.168.125.20\apps\rmNoise21\cython8\build\clientgui_v9_7.py", line 80, in <module>
File "\\192.168.125.20\apps\rmNoise21\cython8\build\clientgui_v9_7.py", line 55, in load_config
File "json\__init__.py", line 293, in load
File "json\__init__.py", line 346, in loads
File "json\decoder.py", line 337, in decode
File "json\decoder.py", line 355, in raw_decode
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)
```

It appears there is an issue with the JSON configuration file, as indicated by the `JSONDecodeError`. This error suggests that the file is either empty or corrupted, causing the parser to fail at the very first character.

Can someone please provide guidance on how to resolve this issue? Is there a way to reset the configuration or verify its integrity?

Thank you for your assistance.

Steve
M7OOR
RandyW
Site Admin

Re: JSONDecodeError in RMNoise - Need Assistance

Post by RandyW »

That problem is almost certainly related to a [corruption] problem with the "rmnoise.cfg" file. (My experience is that this file will survive an uninstall + reinstall.)

Delete the "rmnoise.cfg" file from your RM Noise installation directory, and it will be recreated.

If you are comfortable with the process, you could open the .cfg file in notepad and email me the contents before you delete it, but this step isn't important. rmnoise@ournetplace.com