Adjust volume level with mouse scroll wheel

What can be improved or added?
KD2YMM

Adjust volume level with mouse scroll wheel

Post by KD2YMM »

Randy,

One thing I noticed in the software is that I can scroll wheel my mouse to change the filtered level (working as expected), however it moves the filter level no matter where my mouse is located within the software window.

The downside is that If I have my mouse pointer in the 'AI filter' section, a scroll wheel movement changes BOTH the AI filter and the filtered level together.

If I have my mouse pointer in the volume section, it does not change the volume - but it does change the filtered level. Not sure about others, but I frequently change my volume, so it would be nice to have the volume slider move with the mouse scroll too, instead of a 'hold and drag'.

de Kasey KD2YMM
RandyW
Site Admin

Re: Adjust volume level with mouse scroll wheel

Post by RandyW »

Kasey,

My intent was for the mouse wheel to control only the original / filtered slider, but I'll certainly take a look and see if I can move the volume if the mouse is hovering over it.

I will let you know. Thank you.

Randy Williams
RandyW
Site Admin

Post by RandyW »

Kasey,

I'm glad you brought this to my attention. I didn't notice the behavior when you hover over the AI filters and use the mouse wheel...

I've changed the way it works in the latest multi-server pre-release. I plan to do more testing of this version, and then I'll send you copy and/or make it available on the website for testing.

Thanks,
Randy Williams
KD2YMM

Post by KD2YMM »

Thanks for looking into it Randy, will test out once the next pre-release is available.

- Kasey
RandyW
Site Admin

Post by RandyW »

Kasey,

I sent you the latest pre-release with quite a few changes, including this mouse-wheel change. Let me know if you find anything.

I'm hoping for some feedback, and then I'll make this version widely available for other testers.

Randy
KD2YMM

Post by KD2YMM »

Thanks Randy, testing out now and can confirm the mouse wheel works for the volume now and also only changes the AI filter when hovered over that area.

Kasey
W4ZD

Post by W4ZD »

Not sure about others, but I frequently change my volume,
For me, it would be a help if the volume was also locked to the bypass state... because I raise the volume when filtering and lower it when not filtering.
However this is a minor thing, so best to work on more important things.